Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Do You Still Carry Business Cards? [Reader Poll]

Business cards have long been the networking tool that kept your business-contact list growing, but in a digital age, they seem a little outdated. Weblog WebWorkerDaily argues that we still need them; we're not so sure. What do you think?

WebWorkerDaily's take:

There are times when even the most web-oriented among us have to meet with people face-to-face. Being able to hand out a business card does more than guarantee that they have your contact information and even goes beyond making it easy to pass it along. It can help establish your professionalism. Depending on the type of work you do, there can be some difficulty in reminding your contacts that you're a professional — after all, you spend most of your day at home or the coffee shop. But little touches like a professional business card can really help remind clients and colleagues that you are a professional, no matter where you're working at.

This editor just begrudgingly re-ordered a fresh batch of dead-tree business cards in preparation for a trip to SXSW, which, frankly, is the only place I ever hand them out. So I'm curious:


Obviously it depends a lot on what kind of work you do and the culture of that work, but let's hear specifics for why you do or don't keep business cards on hand in the comments.




Read More... [Source: Lifehacker - Posted by FreeAutoBlogger]

1 comments:

mandy said...

I met with a client the other day and he came with a portable scanner. I was so impressed with it, I immediately called my secretary to buy one for the office. I figured if I was that impressed, it could really make me look good on my client's eyes.